VISITING YOUR SPONSORED CHILD
Planning Your Visit
You may visit your sponsored child in one of two ways:
- A Compassion-organized group Sponsor Trip.
- A Custom Visit that has been approved and arranged through our Global Ministry Center in Colorado Springs.
Please keep these important points in mind:
- Our National Offices and child development centers DO NOT accept unapproved visitors.
- We reserve the right to deny a visit request that would not be in the best interest of the child.
Before Your Visit
Before traveling to visit your sponsored child (or to see the work of Compassion firsthand), you must do the following:
- Register for your visit with Compassion.
- Submit and pass a background check. This applies to all visitors universally and must be updated on an annual basis if you travel with us.
- Review and sign Compassion’s Code of Conduct (pdf). For an overview of our Code of Conduct, watch the following short video.
During Your Visit
While you are in-country, please adhere to these guidelines, taken from the Code of Conduct:
- Always engage with children in open, visible areas and be sure a church or Compassion staff member is present.
- Never take a child into a hotel room or other private area.
- If you witness child abuse or think a child might be in danger, report it to your host/translator, your trip leader or your Custom Visit specialist.
- Be sure that your appearance, language and behavior demonstrate respect for the children, their families and their culture.
- Engage with children in age-appropriate ways, and refrain from any behaviors that might be considered inappropriate or flirtatious. For example, while asking/allowing a young child to sit on your lap might be appropriate, asking/allowing a teenage girl to do the same would not be appropriate.
- You are not allowed to visit a Compassion center or a child’s 莱特币合约交易地址_合约交home outside your set itinerary. Any attempt to visit a child and/or family on your own may result in dismissal from the trip/visit and termination of your sponsorship account.
- Do not give cash directly to any child, family or Compassion center staff member.
- Do not exchange any personal contact information (including email address, phone number, physical address or social media contact information) with Compassion-assisted children or their families.
You can learn more by reading the Trips and Visits FAQs.
Thank you for following these important guidelines. They are meant not only to protect the children we serve, but also to protect you from wrongful allegations of misconduct.